Self-Care Tips and Tools
Practicing self-care can help you reduce stress, boost happiness and improve overall health. Here are some self-care ideas:
1. Try an outdoor activity. Go outside for a walk, run, or even just to look at flowers or your surroundings.
2. Pay it forward. By helping others, we help ourselves too!
3. Practice mindfulness. Focusing on the present, without judging how we feel and what we think can help improve our well being and reduce stress.
4. Listen to music that makes you smile and dance around.
5. Get enough sleep.
6. Take a break from social media.
7. Try out a new recipe.
8. Read a book just for fun.
9. Write your thoughts, feelings, ideas, hopes, and dreams in a personal journal.
10. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
Other Self-Care Resources
- 3-minute Mindful Breathing Meditation
- Self-care stretches for physical relief and release
- Mindful Breathing for Peace and Well-Being
- 40 self-care affirmations
- Down Dog Yoga app - free through April 1st for public and through July 1st for educators and students
- Additional Mindfulness Resources
- Community Connections in Times of Physical Separation
- ACEs Aware
- Self Care Tips
- SAMHSA Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Emotional Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mental Health Resources
- Self-Care Advice for Healthcare Providers During COVID-19
- COVID Stigma