The Marin Schools Wellness Collaborative
The Marin Schools Wellness Collaborative is charged with advancing Strategy 6 of the Marin County Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan focusing on safe and healthy school campuses. This Strategy also helps to fulfill the California State school mandates AB-2246 Pupil Suicide Prevention Policies and the AB-1767 Pupil Suicide Prevention Policies.
One purpose of the Wellness Collaborative is to provide address training and education for suicide prevention, social emotional learning (SEL) tiered support, and screening and risk assessment for mental health and suicidality. The Collaborative addresses coordination of services and referrals to increase mental health supports and shares feedback on youth led suicide prevention activities. Contact the BHRS Prevention and Outreach Team to learn more.
The Marin Schools Wellness Collaborative is comprised of district mental health providers addressing wellness issues, including suicide prevention, across districts and meets monthly. The Marin County Schools Wellness Collaborative is designed to accomplish the following:
- Provide connectedness to providers;
- Offer consultation concerning service delivery;
- Share resources, best practices and protocols to enhance the consistency of service delivery across districts;
- Increase knowledge and access to mental health/wellness services;
- Establish clear processes, information and implementation strategies to support the delivery of wellness services;
- Provide professional development opportunities;
- Identify professional development needs;
- Improve transition and coordination of care as students transition from 8th to 9th grade; and
- Unify wellness programming to the maximum extent possible.
- Established a Suicide Risk Assessment Team to create a uniformed district wide School-Based Suicide Risk Assessment Protocol which will be released in July 2022. This tool incorporates evidence-based practices including questions from the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS).
- Convened county, school district leaders and community providers to craft recommendations for a coordinated school-based approach to Newcomer wellness in Marin County.
- Reviewed and prioritized training and education programming for students and staff. Recommended Kognito (High School), Signs of Suicide (Middle School, High School) and Yellow Ribbon (Elementary) programs.
- Provided funding to support Signs of Suicide programming implemented at Marin County middle and high schools and cost sharing for Kognito by BHRS.
Schools/Collaborative Team Meeting Notes
- Schools Team_Summary_September.pdf 163.09 KB
- Schools Team_Meeting_October.pdf 408.28 KB
- Schools Team_Meeting_November.pdf 323.48 KB
- Schools Team_Meeting_December.pdf 104.92 KB
- Schools_Team_Meeting_January_2021.pdf 355.46 KB
- Schools_Team_Meeting_February_2021.pdf 469.38 KB
- Schools_Team_Meeting_March_2021.pdf 474.45 KB
- Schools_Team_Meeting_April_2021.pdf 644.26 KB