Fall 2023 Events ~ Join Us!
- Tuesday December 5 from 9:00 am-5:30 pm. Mental Health First Aid for Adults (English). Location: Point Reyes Presbyterian Church 11445 CA-1, Point Reyes Station. Register here.
- December 6 from 2:00-3:00 pm. Marin County Suicide Prevention Collaborative Meeting. Striving for Zero Suicide: Reducing Access to Lethal Means. Virtual. Register here.
- 9 de Deciembre de 2023 from 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Primeros Auxilios de Salud Mental para Adultos en Español Sábado. Tendremos almuerzo gratis. North Marin Community Services, 680 Wilson Ave. Novato, CA. Para más información contacte a: Maria Jaramillo-Botero al 415-209-5142. Inscríbase aquí.
Sábado 20 de Enero de 2024 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Primeros Auxilios de Salud Mental para
Jóvenes en Español. Tendremos almuerzo gratis. Canal Alliance, 86 Larkspur St, San Rafael.
Para más información contacte a: Korey Ramirez al 415-404-6600. Inscríbase aquí.
January 23, 2024 from 4:00-5:00 pm. Gun Violence Restraining Order Training. Learn more about how this crisis tool can prevent suicide and keep your family and community safe. Register at: www.namimarin.org/gvro
- October 4 from 2:00-4:00 pm. Be Sensitive, Be Brave. A Culturally-Informed Suicide Prevention Virtual Training. Space limited. Register here.
- October 7 from 9:00 am-Noon. NAMI Walks Marin2023 at McInnis Park. Learn more: namiwalks.org/marin
- October 10 from 6:00-7:00 pm. More Than Sad for Parents. Virtual. Register here.
- October 12 from 12:00-1:00 pm. Talk Saves Lives in the Workplace. Virtual. Register here.
- November 1 from 2:00-3:00 pm. Marin County Suicide Prevention Collaborative Meeting. Tending to Grief, Growing with Hope, and International Survivor’s of Suicide Loss Day. Virtual. Register here.
- November 7 from 4:30-5:30 pm. Storytelling Series: Abby Laporte. Virtual. Register here.
- November 8 from 6:00-7:30 pm. Why is there a Teen Mental Health Crisis in Marin? In person register here or virtual here.
- November 14 from 6:00-7:00 pm. More Than Sad for Parents. Virtual. Register here.
- November 18 from 11:00-2:00 pm. International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day. Location: Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael. Register here.
- November 30 from 4:00-5:00 pm. Men and Boys Action Team. Virtual. Join here or contact: email@example.com
Marin’s Strategic Plan for Suicide Prevention
Marin County Board of Supervisors approved the County's first Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan in February 2020. This seven-strategy plan is our call to action to reduce deaths by suicide and suicide attempts in our community. At the heart of this plan is the knowledge that preventing suicide is achievable. Together, we are challenging our long held beliefs and perceptions about suicide and creating a new way to work across agencies and institutions to prevent suicide. To learn more about the work we've accomplished in our first year, please read the newly released Annual Report: 2021-22.
Suicide Incidence and Rate Dashboard
This newly released dashboard by the Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC) supports suicide prevention planning by increasing public access to and awareness about trends in deaths by suicide in California. This dashboard displays publicly available data, which can be broken down by demographic factors and methods used in a suicide, such as firearm, using the menus below. It shows both counts of deaths per year (“incidence”) and deaths per 100,000 residents per year (“rate”). Data may also be accessed by reviewing the Collaborative's Year One Annual Report.
From Compassion to Action: A Community Guide to Suicide Prevention and Support in Marin County
The Guide "From Compassion to Action: A Community Guide to Suicide Prevention and Support" is a one of it's kind resource to create awareness and action (available in English and Spanish). This Guide provides foundation information, strategies to talk with someone in distress, and thoughts on how to best support attempt survivors and those bereaved by suicide. This Guide can be used for Conversation Circles as implemented during September Suicide Prevention and Recovery Month in 2022.