Lethal Means Team
In an effort to reduce access to lethal means, the Lethal Means Team actively coordinates and partners with community organizations and stakeholders addressing rail, substance use, firearm and bridge safety.
There are several initiatives that create awareness on ways to reduce suicide attempts and death and keep people safe when they are in distress. Learn more about these activities below!
GUN BUY BACK EVENT: JUNE 2022
- The Gun Buy Back event, the first one held in six years, was hosted by the Gun Safety Collaborative and Lethal Means Team to remove unwanted firearms from homes in exchange for cash. Watch this news coverage to learn more.
GUN SAFETY CAMPAIGN: JUNE 2021
- Use this Social Media Toolkit to spread the word on gun safety throughout the month of June 2021
- Wear Orange Event planned for Sat., June 5th, 11:00 am
- Attend a community forum on "Building a Gun Safety Community in Marin: Starting the Conversation" is scheduled for June 17 at 6:00-7:30 pm. Join here.
SAFE DISPOSAL SAVES LIVES: APRIL 2021
- April is Prescription Drug Take Back Month in Marin! Time to clean out the medicine cabinet and safely dispose of your expired prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
Our community partners include:
- Rx Safe Marin and the Marin Healthy Youth Partnership
- Gun Safety Task Force
- Golden Gate Bridge and the Bridge Patrol
- SMART Train